Living offshore: information and resources
Kea is here to support our global community of New Zealanders. We know that being away from home can be difficult. We’ve put together a list of useful guides and resources to help offshore Kiwis with up to date, accurate information on everything they need to know from New Zealand.
- Safe Travel – Official advice for New Zealanders living and travelling overseas.
- Find your nearest embassy – Wherever you are in the world, find your local embassy.
- Superannuation information – Find out about your eligibility for superannuation.
- Student loan information – Everything that happens to your student loan once you go overseas.
- International tax – Information for individuals and businesses.
- International drivers licenses – Information on what you need to drive overseas.
- Emergency help when you’re overseas – How to get urgent help from the New Zealand government while overseas.
- Claiming ACC overseas – How to claim for ACC if you get injured overseas.
Stories of offshore Kiwis:
- New Zealand’s European Correspondents – Kea spoke to TVNZ’s Daniel Faitaua and Newshub’s Lloyd Burr on reporting on the pandemic from London.
- Piha Pies: Home Away From Home – We spoke to Jeremy Hewson, who, along with his wife Susanne founded Piha Pies, the Kiwi pie company using an old family recipe that’s taking London by storm!
- Nurse Jenny: Doing Her Part -We spoke to Jenny about what it was like being thanked by the UK Prime Minister, how she’s coping, and how she’s staying connected to her New Zealand roots.
- Clair Mills: Médecins Sans Frontières – Clair Mills is no stranger to working in health crises. We spoke to her about her role at Médecins Sans Frontières, and how they’re dealing with the impact of COVID-19.
- Dream Catchers – A dynamic broadcast and online series about inspirational New Zealanders making an impact in the United Kingdom.