Reporting to the General Manager, this role will be responsible for developing and inspiring the wholesalers, sub-distributors and key customers to drive business and sales growth within the designated markets.
Background / Main Purpose: This is an outstanding opportunity to advance your career by contributing to the continued expansion and growth of Kono, one of New Zealand’s leading food and beverage companies. The primary focus on its range of frozen seafood products, namely NZ Greenshell Mussels and NZ Oysters, as well as other items in future including wine, fruits and fruits product as required by our current and future customers.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious sales professional with a self-starting attitude to be a part of a successful and progressive global business.
We are seeking a self-motivated and dynamic individual to join our high performing team. The role is based in Shanghai but some overnight travel will be required from time to time.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Develop and maintain high quality relationships with customers, key contacts in food services, retail and E-commerce channels as well as NZ and local government authorities.
· Perform account management functions such as negotiation of terms, order fulfilment etc;
· Build the profile of the brand through customer presentations, trade shows and marketing and promotional events;
· Ensure customers comply with agreements, such as promotional activities;
· Maintain accurate and up to date information on sales, customers and market knowledge and intelligence
· Produce regular reports to assist with strategic decision making.
Key Relationships: Internal
• GM Sales & Marketing
• GM PNZGSM
• PNZGSM Office Staff
• Kono NZ Sales & Marketing Team
• Kono NZ Innovation Team
Key Relationships: External
• China Customers
• China Customs Agents
• NZ Trade and Enterprise, Chinese local authorities and industry associations
• PCNZ Partners
• Food & Beverage Industry Partners
Applicants should have a four-year tertiary degree with at least 2 years sales/account management experience in a FMCG or similar environment. In the absence of such qualifications, career path based on success and achievement is essential. Excellent language communication skills are essential; applicants must be fluent in both written and verbal Mandarin and English.
• Existing knowledge and experience working with NZ companies
• Existing relationships and a history of business development in the Chinese Food & Beverage market place
• Strong understanding of the Food & Beverage supply chain in China, in particular the Chinese and international seafood market
• Network and connections in the food service, retail and e-commerce channels would be highly advantageous.
• Excellent relationship management, organizational and planning skills
• Strong negotiation skills with the ability to problem solve and meet deadlines
• A very dependable and reliable work ethic with strong interpersonal skills
• Well-developed strategic and analytical skills
The successful candidate will be remunerated with a market competitive base salary, performance incentive and others benefits commensurate with the nature of the role.
We are committed to provide our employees with training to help you achieve your professional goals.
Please send application and CV to: email@example.com.