Full time fixed term to 24 June 2016 - Shanghai-based
The Visa Section is part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment. The Ministry ensures that New Zealand has the right mix of skilled workers as part of achieving the goal of helping lift productivity.
With over 3,200 people worldwide, we identify the country’s labour force and skill needs, manage the immigration process and provide support and policy advice for the government’s employment, skills and immigration initiatives.
We are looking for Immigration Officers who operate with the highest level of integrity. You will have energy and determination to achieve results and have a broad educational background with successful tertiary study.
You need to have the following to apply for this position:
- A degree level qualification where English was a major component
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Mandarin and English
- At least three years of work experience in an international organisation where English was the main form of communication
- Experience in excellent customer service and working within a team
- Ability to interpret legislation and procedures and frame clear assessments and conclusions
- Experience in working with all people of differing cultural backgrounds, gender and abilities
- The ability to manage fluctuating workloads and work to tight deadlines
- Experience in assessing and analysing documentary evidence, including exercising sound judgement
All applicants must have the ability to gain permission to work in China (you must be a Chinese citizen or New Zealand citizen)
The starting remuneration range is 99,341 to 101,824 RMB per annum depending on your experience. Any relocation and/or accommodation costs will be at the successful candidate’s own expense.
Applications close 5:00pm (Shanghai time), Monday 4 August 2014.
All applications must include your CV and a cover letter of no more than 250 words which describes how your skills and experience relate to the key capabilities of the position.
**If you have previously applied for an Immigration Officer position and were not successful, you will not be considered for this role**
Please send your application to email address: email@example.com