The FoodBowl is operated by New Zealand Food Innovation Auckland (NZFIA), part of the NZ Food Innovation Network, a national network of food and beverage resources created to support the growth of food and beverage businesses by providing facilities, expertise and support.
The directors are looking to appoint an operational leader to The FoodBowl, with duties that include: managing legal contractual requirements along with costing activities, business development leadership and marketing the business development (helping businesses develop) services.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience MUST include:
- Senior level experience in the food manufacturing sector (as defined by the broader context of the food industry including beverage manufacturers, food technology, science and innovation and ingredient manufacturers); understanding of the dynamics of the food industry and the limitations of technology are essential
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills; the ability to get companies working together
- Disciplined in nature and ability to make things happen
- Lateral in their thinking (to build collaboration); affinity with collaborative models and ‘communities of interest’
- Passion for making a contribution to the development of New Zealand’s food industry
- Versatility and adaptability to run a world class operation at the same time as championing business and development
This is a high profile role that is expected to contribute to and work in partnership with the wider food innovation network. The successful applicant will be required to champion The FoodBowl and talk with food industry leaders and present at conferences.
The measures of success will be focused around the achievement of:
- Efficient and effective use of The FoodBowl’s facilities and resources
- Percentage of food industry captured
- Longer term impact on the NZ economy
For submission of applications please forward a letter of application and your CV to email@example.com.