As you may know, the UK Government recently asked its Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) to review the Tier 2 route – the visa for skilled workers from outside the European Economic Area who have an offer of skilled employment in the UK. The MAC has been asked to look at:
• refocussing the route on areas where there are genuine skills shortages
• limiting the time that sectors can remain on the skills shortage list
• implementing a levy on Tier 2 visas, to fund apprenticeships
• restricting the automatic right of Tier 2 dependents to work
• tightening up on the intra-company transfer (ICT) route, including applying the immigration health surcharge to ICTs
• raising the minimum salary levels
As part of its review, the MAC is running a consultation seeking views and evidence from relevant stakeholders, the closing date for which is Friday 25 September 2015. If this is something that will affect you or those you employ, the NZ High Commission would strongly recommend you submit evidence to the MAC consultation and would be happy to discuss how you might best do this.
If interested, please contact Mary Llewellyn-Fowler: email@example.com.