The Senior Research Consultant conducts and assists with various types of market, industry and business research for clients by conducting online/offline data analysis, personal interviews, cold calls, market visits, etc. He/she delivers high value research consulting services for the company and facilitates the delivery of research work.
The Research Consultant is also responsible for planning, co-coordinating and administering market research projects for clients.
- Have at least 5 years market research experience in China.
- Proven track record of professional reporting writing and project management.
- Excellent written and spoken English, native speaker preferred.
- Be capable of independently and professionally working on projects and client needs as part of a team and/or individually as required.
- Be capable of deliver high quality research reports or market data through professional research methods and skills, e.g. studying industry and business reports, making cold calls or visits, conducting interviews with industry specialists.
- Works and acts resourcefully with a ‘can-do’ results orientated attitude to challenges and problem solving.
- Professionally interacts with customers, senior-level executives, and all other levels of employees.
- Be willing to travel across China for projects if needed.
- Be committed to teamwork, achieving results and displaying integrity.
- Act at all times in a manner committed to growing and enhancing the professional reputation of the company.
- Monitor company, industry & general information sources (including web sites) to keep up to date with latest developments in the appropriate client industry and related value chains.
- Advising as well as formulating marketing strategies in order to help launch clients’ products and services effectively, while also collaborating with clients’ departments so as to create successful and unified plans.
- In collaboration with key clients, developing and executing an action plan that delivers on research-related business goals.
- Managing and prioritizing the day-to-day workload with our research delivery team, including scoping the workflow, taking briefs and setting expectations with internal clients.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with contacts to obtain accurate market data and insights.
- Maintain a list of industry contacts & data sources and submit this to Company Management as and when required.
- Respond to queries or enquiries from clients throughout the year as promptly and thoroughly as possible.
- Working closely with and/or networking with external sources, the consultant will conduct interviews, design questionnaires, and be able to present findings in an accurate and professional manner.
- Through research and networking, stay aware of business and commercial trends in the clients industry so as to advise and guide clients to make informed decisions related to buying and selling within industry.
- Carry out regular in-depth face to face & telephone interviews (with key manufacturers, industry suppliers & other industry organizations) to obtain company data and market insights.
- Provide written insights (in English) into category, company & channel trends & developments.
- Prepare and make industry presentations and attend meetings with clients as/when required.
Find more about us at www.redfern.com.cn. Interested applicants please send your resume, in both English and Chinese and your salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that an English cover letter is required.