Are you a highly experienced Food and Beverage professional?
Do you want to be part of New Zealand’s exciting trade story with China?
New Zealand Trade and Enterprise are looking for an exceptional leader to oversee F&B strategy in China. New Zealand food and beverage trade to China has enjoyed strong growth since the signing of the Free Trade Agreement in 2009 – and this is just the start of the journey! As the F&B Programme Leader you will be the sector lead for NZTE’s F&B programme in Greater China, an internal expert for our Greater China team on all matters of the F&B sector, and lead a diverse F&B focussed team.
Based in the NZTE office in Shanghai, this role will draw on the depth and breadth of your food and beverage experience in China, and internationally. You will contribute to strategy development and implementation, including establishing annual business plans, work programmes and maintaining up-to-date profiles of all relevant regional NZTE F&B activity – ensuring alignment with NZTE’s regional and global strategies. Within the F&B sector in China, you will be a key point of contact for NZ government and commercial partners, and senior executives of New Zealand businesses; act as a brand ambassador; and hold responsibility for managing diverse internal and external relationships based primarily in New Zealand and China.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Proven significant experience creating, implementing and leading successful F&B business development strategies in China.
- Deep China F&B knowledge and networks, preferably in wine, seafood, primary produce and packaged foods, targeting high end F&B sales channels.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic insights and advice at CEO and senior management level.
- Excellent advisory skills; you will be adept at developing and maintaining strategic relationships with key senior level stakeholders, business partners, and political leaders.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and proven success at directing, motivating and building effective teams.
- Previous experience in managing multiple, complex and high profile projects.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English including exceptional presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Mandarin is advantageous.