Position available for Kea China Regional Director (0.5 FTE)
Kea New Zealand is searching for a part-time (max. 20hrs hours per week) Regional Director - China to lead the organisation in Asia. This rewarding and challenging opportunity has become available with immediate effect due to the relocation of the incumbent. The position and will be based in Shanghai (New Zealand Central building).
The Regional Director will be responsible for continuing the positive momentum created since 2005 when Kea was first established in China. This is a critical role in the development of Kea in Asia and plays an important role in connecting the Kea network in China.
As the Regional Director for China,you will be responsible for implementing Kea’s business plan in the region, including leading the development, co-ordination, planning and implementation of all Kea-branded initiatives in China.
To be successful in this role, you must have the energy, flexibility and integrity to optimise relationships with Kea members, advisory board members, and the broader community which interacts with Kea on all things New Zealand related. Experience in events management, cost budgeting, dealing with external vendors and suppliers, leading teams, communications, marketing and language skills are all desirable traits.
Key duties of the Regional Director will include:
- Implementing the Kea China business plan to grow membership across China
- Managing a program of engaging activities for members
- Attracting sponsors to ensure the financial viability of Kea China and its events
- Coordinating communications with Kea headquarters in New Zealand
- Expanding our affiliate relationship with the New Zealand China Trade Association
- Working with members to create meaningful business connections
- Enhancing Kea China’s strategy and business development
- Maintaining and expanding our affiliate relationships around Asia
- Managing relationships with key government (NZ Inc) and private sector stakeholders
- Ensuring compliance with New Zealand’s legal and reporting requirements
To apply for this unique and exciting opportunity, please send your full CV with references and a brief expression of interest (if in China, please advise your residence and employment status) by email to:
Kea HQ Business Manager
Deadline for applications: April 10, 2015.
Kea’s mission is to connect New Zealand with the world by building a network of ‘global citizens’ who have an interest in the future of our economy and society. Kea China was formed in late 2005 to build on the fast-growing relationship between China and New Zealand in trade, investment, education, tourism and migration.
Please forward this note to anyone who may be interested!