· Make a difference to the youth in our community
· Use your faith to inspire others
· Based in Auckland, New Zealand.
Maybe you have been a teacher, a coach, run an activities centre, or have been involved with youth in a different industry. Share your leadership skills and your faith to guide the lives of others.
About St. Margaret’s Church (Auckland, New Zealand)
Based in Auckland, New Zealand we are passionate about welcoming and equipping people of all ages, genders and races, to find their identity and calling in Jesus Christ and their place in His Church. We believe the Bible, love Jesus and believe He is calling us all to be agents of change for good in the communities and cities in which we live. As an Anglican Church we enjoy having a dynamic and forward-thinking environment at St. Margaret’s Church. Expressive and intimate praise and worship is a vital part of our identity. Take a look at our website www.stmags.org.nz for more information.
This is a part-time opportunity (around 25-30 hours per week) including some evenings and Sundays. We are looking for someone who has a strong faith, is passionate about inspiring young people, and is driven to be their best.
The role involves:
· Directing and overseeing the whole youth ministry, providing spiritual leadership, vision and strategy.
· Resourcing leadership of the groups of our young people, and mentoring those leaders
· Organising or facilitating events
· Managing youth database and communications
· Assisting in the transition from children’s programme to youth programme and youth to adult programme.
· Building external youth related connections
· Championing the youth cause
What you’ll bring to the role
· Ideally 3+ years of experience in a leadership role and experience with youth
· Committed Christian with active spiritual disciplines & evangelical theology and an appreciation of informal worship and Holy Spirit ministry
· Theological training preferred and good biblical knowledge.
· A teacher, empowerer, role model, and worshipper of Jesus.
· A clean, full drivers licence
You must be able to work within the existing team to see the outworking of the vision of the church in our youth and wider in the church. Ideally you will have a proven track record of leading people and ministries in church contexts, recruiting and developing of volunteer leaders. If you’re well organised, a great communicator and have experience dealing with a wide range of cultures and age-groups then this could be your next opportunity - apply today by emailing email@example.com