The New Zealand Permanent Mission to the United Nations (UN) in New York is seeking to recruit an Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Permanent Representative and Deputy Permanent Representative to help ensure the efficient and smooth running of the office. In addition, this role has some communications responsibilities.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for:
• Providing administrative services to the Head of Mission (PR) including managing invitations, scheduling appointments and diary management, liaison of PR’s guests, drafting of correspondence for the PR’s signature and other duties, as required
• Provide some administrative support functions to the DPR on an as required basis
• Maintain a database of key contacts vital to the smooth running of the Executive Assistant position
• Book and coordinate PR travel and transport requirements
• General administration duties, including managing representational expenditure; travel, medical, credit card processing and other claim receipts
• Provide administrative support to other mission staff
• Assist other staff when work pressures arise
• Support the Team Administrator
• Manage arrangements for the PR and Mission functions, including receptions, dinners, lunches, seminars and meetings
• Contribute to the support and planning for official visits, including preparation of programmes, making appointments and arranging transportation and logistics, with the Team Administrator
• Maintain the Mission’s Communications Strategy
Further details on the role:
• This is a locally engaged position based in New York. The successful applicant will be employed on local terms and conditions
• The Mission will facilitate a G1 visa for the successful applicant.
Qualifications and Experience
• Proven experience supporting senior managers in an Executive Assistant capacity
• Confidence working in a busy Government organisation
• Proven administrative skills written and oral communication skills
• Strong time management, organisational and forward planning skills including
• Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Suite
• The ability to work well under pressure
• The ability to work cooperatively as part of a team
• A positive can do attitude
For queries about the position please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application, including curriculum vitae, cover letter and the names of at least two referees, should be sent to email@example.com marked "Executive Assistant NYK".
Applications must be received by 5pm on 6 September 2017 (New Zealand Time).
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens and be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate New Zealand Government Security clearance.