Our Client is a leading New Zealand Brand who is investing heavily in digital technology and infrastructure. An opportunity exists to appoint a permanent New Zealand Wintel & Virtualisation Platform Manager to work with our Clients Architects, Project Managers, Security and global teams to ensure their platform remains in a stable and secure state, whilst ensuring it evolves to meet the needs of a modern Digital enterprise.
You will have full accountability for the proactive management of our Clients Windows servers and Virtualisation infrastructure for NZ. There is a strong focus on supporting our clients' digital and cloud strategy. You will be responsible for a geography dispersed team of approximately 15 engineers and also provide thought leadership and strategic direction for Microsoft technologies.
Our Clients Technical environment includes:
- Windows server operating systems (w2k3 through to server 2016, over 1000 servers and climbing)
- Microsoft High Performance Computing platform
- Server Virtualisation platform (VMWare, production and lab components
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platform (planned for 000's of seats)
- Citrix application publishing
- Active Directory (5 production domains, 5 test domains)
- Internet proxy infrastructure (ISA and Cisco Ironport)
- Rightfax fax infrastructure (including being the technology owner of the application)
- Centralised printing infrastructure (Equitrac follow-me printing)
We are seeking the following skills and experience:
- Proven leadership experience managing and developing large teams
- Proven experience in Windows Server technologies in an engineering role
- Infrastructure and Enterprise experience
- Experience in Risk Management/Risk based decision making
- Previous experience working for a large organisation
- ITIL trained/certified preferred
- Automation and cloud experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Please apply for this role in the first instance. This is an exciting leadership role with a leading Employer of Choice who offers many flexible working options in need.