Rare Fitter/Welder/Turner/ Tradesperson Foreman position
Enjoy a varied role working on bespoke projects; many one-off. You’ll build material handling systems which are designed to solve production issues and your opinion will be sought to provide solutions. As the Senior Team Member you’ll also oversee the team and allocate work.
Be involved from the beginning to the end of the process, welding mainly mild and stainless steels, utilising a range of methods and producing parts to fit the product. Once assembled you’ll install and provide ongoing maintenance and repair. Initially, you’ll tap into the expertise of our current foreman.
To really thrive in the role you’re likely to:
- Have extensive welding experience, can read drawings and apply fine welding techniques
- Be skilled working with mild and stainless steel using electric Arc, MIG and TIG or oxy-acetylene methods
- Possess broad experience across fitting and turning/welding-fitting
- Have experience with metalworking machinery
- Have a quality focus enabling you to produce a product fit for handling food production
- Be a problem solver with a bit of ‘inventor’ in you, with ideas on how things can be improved
- Enjoy coaching others and lead a great example with your get-up-and-go attitude
GlenSide Engineering design customer equipment for large and small-scale manufacturing. We’re small, niche and proud of it but have big growth plans and a genuine focus on quality. Our clients include New Zealand household names. We’re innovative in understanding and addressing production concerns and delivering material handling system designs that resolve these. When there is a production issue needing an inventive, bespoke, engineered approach, we are likely to be there.
So if you’re a veteran welder, with staff management experience, who wants to work for a small company with exciting different work, where your opinion matters, apply now!
Fitter/Welder/Turner/Tradesperson/ Foreman/ Welder-Fitter/Fitter and Turner/Fabricator/Tradesman/Boilermaker