Overview And Responsibilities
This position will support the EVP Global Communications and Corporate Branding to handle all internal and external communications for all Paramount Pictures divisions.
Responsibilities To Include, But Not Limited To
- Serve as point of contact for all incoming trade and other business press calls
- Act as studio spokesperson in the absence of EVP Global Communication and Corporate Branding
- Handle all transactional business stories with the trades and entertainment business outlets
- Liaise daily with creative team/production, agents, managers, publicists to coordinate press efforts
- Draft and approve press releases and corporate messaging for all units of Paramount Pictures.
- Coordinate press interviews for senior executives (profiles, business stories and red carpet).
- Manage corporate bios and executive inclusion on power lists, panels, etc.
- Oversee all corporate trade ad buys, production, submissions and billing
- Crisis management and discretion - interact with legal on various issues
- Serve as liaison between corporate comms dept and publicity department.
- Oversee parties and events under Paramount Pictures corporate moniker (this includes invites, RSVP’s, production, budgeting, coverage)
- Serve as point person for filmmakers and talent/talent reps
- Serve as the studio’s representative and point of contact for all guild organizations and their respective membership groups and awards programming including making sure the studio abides by ALL rules for each group (there are 30 – including AMPAS, PGA, DGA, WGA, SAG, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or business-related field required; MBA or MS preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of overall communications experience
- Exceptional writing skills
- Strong background in designing and delivering effective, innovative, and assertive communications
- Demonstrated track record in scripting communications and executing a communications strategy
- Interpersonal style that elicits trust, open-mindedness, and ability to build effective, collaborative working relationships throughout the organization
- Strong skills in influencing others; project management skills and organization and planning
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Viacom provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, age, veteran or disability status, or other protected status.