Are you passionate about championing the best possible user experience for New Zealand’s largest home-grown e-commerce platform?
Trade Me is driven by making life better for Kiwis, and that includes our customers and colleagues around us. The UX Research Team at Trade Me are truly at the heart of this ambition, building knowledge and understanding of, and empathy for, all our users through tactical and strategic research. The Team is looking for a UX Researcher to join our Auckland office. You’ll help us develop a user-centred culture, follow good research practices, and provide important user insight.
First up, here’s why you’ll love life at Trade Me:
- We’re a fast-moving company – there’s lots of exciting projects and initiatives on the go, and no two days are the same.
- Our research spans everything from how users buy a car, a house, an insurance policy, a fridge, how they rent a place, or apply for a job.
- The scope is expansive, and so is your ability to impact the lives of New Zealanders.
- We truly value our people and want you to succeed here, so we offer flexible working, bonuses, discounted health insurance, access to wellness initiatives and a bunch of other good stuff.
- We're serious about offering you professional development opportunities, and will work hard with you to achieve these.
Each day brings fresh challenges, but here's a snapshot of what you can expect:
- Work independently, and with the wider team, on numerous UX projects from strategic ethnographic research to surveys, usability testing and ad-hoc on-the-street testing.
- Conduct in-person, remote and desk research, analyse results and provide findings and insights across Trade Me teams. Have the opportunity to be an organisational influencer, offering effective insights across the business to improve users’ experience.
- Ensure research findings are well-communicated to build a user-centred culture and ensure changes are made as a result of findings.
- Develop new capabilities and approaches in research and testing (both qualitative and quantitative).
So far so good? What we’re looking for from you is:
- Passion for delivering the best possible customer experience with at least three years’ experience in a UX research role.
- You should have practical experience with a wide range of UX methods and techniques.
- Ability to quickly build relationships across the business and have an active awareness of what’s going on.Day to day, be self-motivated and able to work as the lone researcher on a project, but equally be happy working with other researchers and with colleagues.A strong understanding of the web and mobile, you get excited about where technology is heading.
Trade Me is New Zealand’s most influential ecommerce platform and as quintessentially Kiwi as you can get. We are a fun, vibrant and fast-moving place to work, and we're looking for someone who'll thrive in this environment. Check out what it's like to work at Trade Me in our video and if this is the job for you, apply now.