Method are the makers of beautiful office recycling bins, designed and manufactured in New Zealand. Our waste solution can be found around the world, in some of the most influential facilities including; Qantas, the Sydney Cricket Ground, a thought-leading facility in New York and many more.
We have already found considerable interest in the UK market after delivering to world-leading architecture firm Foster + Partners, the Design Council, and a famous British venture capital firm in March.Since then, we opened our first London office in September, and are now seeing our first deliveries completed. This role is an exciting opportunity to join our leadership team, drive the strategic future of our UK market, and grow your own team.
Since our launch in 2015 we have received continued industry attention, most recently, we won the Best Emerging Business award at the ExportNZ Awards. Further, we are now a finalist in the 2018 New Zealand International Business Awards for Best Emerging Business, we’re awarded highly commended within the category. We are transforming the way organisations recycle.
We estimate that in FY2018 we empowered our customers to divert 37 million kilos of waste from landfill.
Our team is growing fast and we are looking for a strong leader to manage our UK sales and operations team and develop the market. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to join an organisation that is growing quickly and to create meaningful change to the waste habits in the UK. In this varied role, you will:
● Manage UK operations, working closely with the Head of Operations in NZ to ensure operational success
● Develop UK sales strategy, working with Head of Sales and Head of Marketing
● Recruit, train and support the UK team
● Manage and train UK sales and support team to meet KPIs
● Track and assess stock management in the UK with our Logistics + Inventory Controller
● Contribute to the Method Leadership team
● Be a Method brand ambassador and cultivate our company culture for the UK team
More about you We’d like you to have the following:
● Experience in hiring and team management
● A growth mindset and customer focus
● The ability to identify issues and opportunities, and develop and implement effective solutions
● Be tech-savvy - the ability to video call effectively and fast adaption to new business tools
● Exceptional organisation and planning skills, and the ability to monitor and adjust priorities on an ongoing basis
● A positive leadership style with coaching and team development experience
● Strong business acumen, understanding of UK waste industry is desired
● Exceptional communication, including communicating with offices overseas
● Grit – ability to stay calm and focused in a dynamic environment, while balancing a great work/life mix.
More about Method
We aim to make a visible difference for our customers on their sustainability journey, but also to the world we live in.
A team of salespeople, designers, and marketers – we are growing fast, predominantly based in Wellington, but moving quickly into international markets; we now have 4 offices around the world. We aim to be a preferred employer, and we pride ourselves on our open, inclusive and transparent culture.
More than a recycling company, we’re a place where your potential will be nurtured and your ideas encouraged as our business continues to scale up. We like people that are willing to contribute to shaping our future; particularly, as a part of the leadership team, you will have a great opportunity to shape the development of our business.
Work with us and be part of the journey.
Applicants for this position should have UK residency or a valid UK work visa.