The use of collaboration system across Airbnb has been exploding and the expectation for reliable and easy-to-use systems on our laptops, mobile devices and in our meeting rooms is upon us. Airbnb is embarking on a global company-wide deployment of a new enterprise-class Unified Communication (UC) solutions.
This engineering team lead will be fully responsible for the selection, architecture, design, and implementation of Enterprise and Contact Center Partner Unified Communications solutions. The successful candidate will have a strong technical background, having worked in the industry for over a decade, and able to demonstrate amazing new ways of interlacing collaboration technologies with our end-user devices and interiors.
- Develop the strategy and design of a robust UC solution (Video, voice, collaboration & presence) that will bolster communication and immersiveness within a high-growth global company, including the integration of laptops, mobile devices, meeting and board rooms.
- Develop the voice network strategy and design for a global contact center with internal agents and external partners where resiliency and uptime are paramount.
- Drive a standards based design methodology across the infrastructure delivering solid, robust & resilient documented designs following best practices, addressing disaster recover, full test compliance cycles and ensure all as-build deployments meet design specs
- Create and deliver technical designs, evaluate new products, features & technologies to increase service levels and reduce costs plus produce comprehensive analysis and recommendations!
- Drive an embedded and pervasive security model into all aspects of voice infrastructure, interconnects, partners and voice delivery!
- Drive future yearly and quarterly roadmap planning to drive technology direction, product enhancements and service improvements year over year!
- Perform & maintain Tier 3 escalation support function to support operational organization during complex high impactful outages related to broad solution issues, chronic recurring problems or vendor product bugs and function in 24x7 on-call rotation
- Vendor Management - maintain relationships with major product manufacturers & service provides, understanding product capability & placement, drive QBR content/direction and influence service & product roadmap & capabilities direction!
- Lead technical direction across team & portfolio, participate in quarterly & monthly sprint planning efforts and drive Type 1 decision making across major voice programs/ and empower engineers to make Type 2 technical decision making at project level
- Champion & encourage quality detailed documentation through the entire project delivery life-cycle and lead by example producing best in class design, deployment & operational documentation to cover all aspects of infrastructure systems from architectures, topologies, support models, maintenance, troubleshooting runbooks, deployment, disaster recovery, technotes, and testing, etc.
- Automation - drive simple & scalable approach to new technology solutions using automation to enable the organization to easily deploy & operate new features, capabilities & functionality!
- Shift Left - Bring Operations along on the journey by training, educating & enabling them to efficiently & effectively support new technologies, products and services as the team develop & deploy new solutions into the production environment!
- Be a Mentor & Coach to Engineers in the team, guide & teach our Engineering talent pool through design, deployment & operational work and help them learn on the job, through feedback & best practices so they grow into the next generation of technical experts & leaders
- Capacity Management - drive development of capacity planning model & tools including driving decisions around future SIP provider upgrade plans and contract negotiations
- 10-15 years combined networking, telephony, SIP/RTP, video, unified communications & collaboration experience, the latter as an engineering team lead.
- Proven delivery of global Voice Network solutions for Contact Center with internal and external endpoints
- In-depth experience of Cisco VoIP Infrastructure systems, Call Manager, Unity Connection, UCCE, UCCX, VCS, Jabber, Collaboration Edge and Presence Service, Cisco Unified Border Element
- Expert knowledge of SIP & RTP protocols, managing SIP services and experienced with deployment of Cisco voice gateways (SIP, H.323)
- Complete understanding of globalized +E.164 dial plans
- Experience supporting a multi-lingual global contact center environment and integrated voice solutions with Genesys
- Experience with Cisco Video infrastructure systems. (VCS, TMS, TCS, TPS)
- Experience with current Cisco Prime Collaboration suite for management
- Experience with Cisco route/switch, Palo Alto firewalling, Cisco/VMware Data Center products
- Experience with Kamailio/Freeswitch, freeswitch and SBC’s strongly desired
- Cisco certification of two or more of the following: CCVP, CCNP, CCDP, CCIE
- On-call rotation and occasional domestic & international travel will be necessary
- Strong Technical Leadership, teamwork, collaboration and communication skills
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Commuter Subsidies
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours