Join one of the world’s leading engineering, architecture, environmental and planning companies. With an expanding portfolio of transportation projects, GHD has achieved unprecedented levels of performance in this sector. Passionate about achieving sustainable transport outcomes that are fundamental to a community’s economic prosperity and quality of life, we have a reputation for providing solutions that create efficient, reliable and well-planned transportation systems.
Join a highly-motivated network of more than 8500 people who collaborate seamlessly across the world to enhance the quality of communities in which people live and work.
What we offer:
We offer a professional and friendly culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity. Our culture is diverse and highly collaborative. We can give you the opportunity to work on interesting projects with industry leaders. In addition to a competitive salary, GHD also provides attractive career and lifestyle options including professional development through the GHD Business School, flexible leave, family-friendly practices and an active social club.
We are currently looking for experienced transport engineers to work on infrastructure projects across New Zealand. You will work on a range of projects from safety projects through to specialist safety support on major capital projects, leading transportation studies and network wide safety management. Ideally, candidates would have experience in one or more of the following:
- Transportation/traffic and or Road Safety design
- Traffic impact assessments and transportation planning studies
- Concept design and preparation of estimates
- Management of contractual obligations
- Road Safety audits
- Advisory support to clients
- Preparation of proposals and bids for projects
- Presentation of expert evidence at a Council or Board of Inquiry Hearing
The roles we are looking to fill would suit candidates with between 6 – 20+ years of relevant work experience.
Our Transport teams operate out of our Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Palmerston North, Hamilton and Hastings offices.
Key skills required:
- Communication skills
- Commercial awareness and cost control
- Strong client focus (both internally and externally)
- Site safety and quality experience
- Project management
- Degree or Diploma qualified
- Professional Accreditation an advantage
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your covering letter and resume to Renee Brennan – NZRecruitment@ghd.com.