- Pull your sleeves up and get stuck into business in the commercial heart of India
- Create and leverage opportunities as part of NZ Inc.
- Exciting and challenging opportunity for a strategic leader
New Zealand Trade and Enterprise is New Zealand's international business development agency. Our purpose is to grow New Zealand companies internationally to be bigger, better, faster - for New Zealand's benefit.
As the Trade Commissioner and Consul-General you will be a senior level representative of New Zealand's critical and growing political and commercial interests in Mumbai, southern India and Sri Lanka. You will be an integral part of NZTEs India, Middle East and Africa regional leadership team, and the goals that New Zealand has for India, and for kiwi businesses, will be delivered through your inspiring leadership and the on-going development of our local team.
We need someone who is resilient and will thrive on living in this cosmopolitan, dynamic metropolis. This role will stretch you and pull on the depth and breadth of your broad regional business experience and your well-honed ppeople and stakeholder management skills.
As our successful candidate you will:
- Be a successful leader who instinctively builds the capability of your team;
- Have proven experience in creating, implementing and leading successful business development strategies within India;
- Possess strong experience and capability in building and maintaining strategic relationships with key stakeholders, business partners, and political leaders
If you are looking for the opportunity to take on a varied and challenging leadership role within a high performing and agile organisation, then this is it. For more information, please read the position description, and check out what some of our people have to say about working at NZTE here: Video - What it's like to work at NZTE
As Consul-General, the successful candidate must hold New Zealand citizenship, and will be subject to a number of vetting processes, including national security approval. This is an international posting for a minimum duration of 3 years—relocation and expatriate benefits will apply.
Applications close 2 September 2016 at 5.00pm NZ Time.