- Operational Leadership Role
- Dual Safety/Process Improvement Focus
- Progressive, Customer Focused Port
Port Otago is the primary export port for the South Island region of New Zealand and believes strong competition offers real benefits to shipping lines and cargo owners. The business ensures this strong competition by delivering superior customer service in all of its integrated container and cargo handling, warehousing and container depot, and logistics and pilotage service activities. Port Otago’s people are committed to delivering the highest standards of port services at all times.
Reporting to the Terminal Operations Manager the Shift Supervisor (1 of 7) will be responsible on shift for the safe, efficient and customer focused delivery of Yard and Vessel Operations activities. Key focuses in this role are the leadership and supervision of the Operations Team, achieving identified delivery targets and the ongoing improvement in safety and operational performance across these activities.
To be successful in this challenging and rewarding role, applicants will need to possess the following attributes:
- Supervisory/leadership experience gained in a relevant, 24/7 operational/industrial work environment with a focus on delivering high levels of customer service.
- A personal commitment to health and safety.
- A focus on providing leadership in both safety and process improvement/change.
- The ability to develop people and build effective, productive teams.
- Exposure to lean/continuous improvement in a highly system based environment.
- Superior interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
This role provides the opportunity for an experienced, operationally focussed supervisor/leader to contribute to the development and performance of Port Otago. Strong performance in this role is likely to provide career development opportunities for the appointee. The importance of this role within the company will be reflected in the remuneration package.
For further information on Port Otago Ltd, please visit their website www.portotago.co.nz.
Confidential enquiries should be directed to Alan Head or Jane Cotter of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 11 May, 2018. All applications will be acknowledged by email.