The nature of work is evolving rapidly due to changes in technology, the environment, society, and human behaviour. Businesses and governments are being disrupted in this digital age requiring different capabilities to deliver on their purpose to their customers and citizens. There is an immediate need to become more innovative, agile, responsive and adaptable to change.
That's where EY comes in.
Be part of our leading Advisory practice joining a global network of professionals revolutionising the future of work, bringing the best of NZ to the world and supporting governments to improve New Zealanders’ wellbeing through insight. We are passionate about making a difference and in building a better working world to make a positive impact on everyday kiwis.
Our EY Technology Risk team works with leading organisations to translate uncertainty into confidence. We help clients identify, improve and respond to business risks from advances in technology to help them meet evolving regulatory and compliance requirements. Our collaborative approach, combined with our global connectivity and understanding of industry issues, inspires us to ask better questions, design better answers and realize long-lasting results.
Our team is based in the vibrant capital city of New Zealand, Wellington which is regularly rated as one of the best places to live and work in the world. Aside from its well-deserved reputation as the home of some of the best coffee and craft beer in Asia, Wellington is the digital creative hub of New Zealand, incubating some of the most innovative start-ups and tech disruptors. The city has a dynamic and renowned dining scene, an active and easily accessible outdoor lifestyle (with the city located between water and hills and surrounded by beautiful natural parks), and easy access to all other parts of New Zealand given its central geographical location.
- Are you someone who believes in making a difference?
- Do you thrive on being part of a diverse team focussed on solving challenging problems to build a better working world?
- Does the potential from technology, data, risk and analytics excite you?
- Are you passionate about helping our Government deliver better outcomes for our citizens?
Make a difference. We are after risk professionals who want to:
- Incorporate robotics and artificial intelligence into the delivery of risk based projects
- Understand how behaviours influence processes
- Assist organisations to determine the limits of risk taking in pursuit of their strategy or opportunities
- Utilise external sources of data to prove or disprove risk hypotheses
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- A demonstrated understanding of risk based auditing methodologies and a structured approach to projects and documentation
- Demonstrated experience in identifying key risk areas within the client organisation associated with IT governance, information security, systems & project change, and IT operations
- Ability to execute audits of IT processes against leading practice IT risk and security frameworks and common standards (e.g. CoBIT, ITIL, ISO 27001/02)
What's in it for you?
- The chance to join a great firm and team in vibrant Wellington, working with and learning from Partners and staff with truly international experience and outlook
- Flexible working arrangements, subsidised onsite gym and banking and insurance discounts
- Help solve some of the most pressing challenges facing our government and leading organisations in New Zealand and around the world
- Join a leading Asia Pacific (and Global) Advisory practice with the opportunity to travel domestically and internationally
- Be part of a firm who has been ranked as the #1 professional services employer in Universum’s ‘Most Attractive Employer’s annual ranking for the third consecutive year
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer offering a vast range of internal networks including Unity, our LGBTI network and our Maori and Pasifika network. These provide our people with the opportunity to connect across offices and allow us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
Click here to see where a role with EY can take you!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by Ernst & Young or by their external third party provider.
© 2018 Ernst & Young New Zealand. All Rights Reserved.