Technician- Compositional Chemistry-27781
- This is your step into Analytical Chemistry with Fonterra.
- Fantastic opportunity to realise your laboratory focussed career goals
- Deliver high quality data to support R&D projects through to commercialisation.
Is your goal to become a technical expert in an accredited analytical chemistry environment?
If the answer is a resounding ‘YES’ then have I got the next step in your career progression towards this ultimate goal!
Based in Palmerston North at the Fonterra Research and Development Centre and reporting to the Team Manager - Composition, the main purpose of this exciting role is to test a diverse range of developmental dairy products and ingredients using both traditional reference methods, such as gravimetry and kjeldahl, as well as modern instrumental methods including mid- and near-infrared technology and ICP-OES.
It’s all about good time management and the ability to quickly and accurately analyse for compositional parameters including moisture, solids, ash, fat, protein, lactose and minerals.
With your previous experience in accredited analytical laboratories and knowledge of quality system activities you will be a cornerstone to contributing to the teams’ capability and improvement initiatives.
We’re looking for passion, commitment and positivity, in this role which will take you towards your ultimate goal of technical expertise!
Excited … Apply now!
Skills and Experience
This role is a Monday to Friday non shift position and to be successful you will need…
- Proven analytical chemistry knowledge and experience, preferably from working in the dairy industry
- A deep commitment to quality with good understanding of systems working to a regulated standard, e.g. ISO 17025 in a laboratory setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build relationships and interact with people on all levels.
- A strong attention to detail, the ability to work with data, spot patterns and trends and problem-solve.
- The ability to work independently and organise your workload and time.
- Sound computer skills, including experience with eQual LIMS
A relevant tertiary qualification in Chemistry or related discipline is highly regarded in this role.
Primary Location - New Zealand-Manawatu-Wanganui-Palmerston North
Hours of Work - Full time