A Technical Leader, Naturally
Are you a natural high performer? Detail obsessed and quality driven? A seeker of knowledge? An imaginer of possibilities from concept to creation? Someone looking to add greater purpose to their everyday job.
Then this could be the move you’ve been looking for; the move to natural.
The apparel industry needs a shake-up. At icebreaker, we’ve always believed in the pursuit of better, inspired by nature to create sustainable natural performing apparel solutions. Sustainability isn’t just a campaign, it’s a feature of our business. As the first purpose-led acquisition of VF Corporation we have never been better placed to drive a global movement for nature, and for the betterment of our species and the planet.
As Technical Design Manager located in our global head office in Auckland, New Zealand, you’ll be a creative force for nature, combining advanced technical know-how with a passion for innovation, striving for better ways to design apparel for the good of people and the planet. You’ll bring your expertise in product fit, patterns and construction to meet seasonal product line goals aligned to the icebreaker purpose, leading passionate, authentic and adventurous people who like to achieve results.
We’re a non-stuffy, non-bureaucratic group of humans who have the ability to flip from the end-state planning to the here and now of agile opportunities.
Naturally detail-oriented, with a flair for creativity, you will ensure excellence in fit standards, lead pattern development and work with the Product Team to translate the creative vision into finished garments. You will confidently oversee documentation and quality control and be able to work in an agile manner to address vendor and internal feedback.
In this role as Technical Design Manager you will be reporting to the Global Head of Product Development. You’ll be responsible for working with the Technical Designers and Product Creation team applying technical knowledge related to product fit, pattern and construction to provide tools and guidance to successfully execute the seasonal product line goals.
Does this sound like you?
- 10+ years’ experience in technical design and/or patternmaking
- A good trained eye for proportion and balance as well as aesthetic detail
- Outstanding pattern development skills and fit expertise
- Knowledge of garment construction, grading and manufacturing process
- Thorough understanding of the production process as it relates to pattern design
- Strong working experience and knowledge of product specifications, flat sketching, product fitting, and sewing
- Analytical ability to gather and interpret information to develop, recommend and implement solutions
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to instruct a manufacturer and make necessary changes to a pattern, construction, or materials to ensure and improve manufacturability
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Experienced in Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Illustrator
Who you are?
- Active and adventurous
- A passionate high achiever – works hard, plays hard
- Curious, with a global outlook and strong desire to continually learn & evolve
- A Brand Ambassador who is drawn in by our story and inspired by the authenticity and uniqueness of our brand
- A highly collaborative team player
If this opportunity feels like the type of job you’re passionate about, and it fits with your skills and experience, please click apply below to send us your CV with a covering letter explaining why you'd be right for Icebreaker.
The recruitment of this position is being managed by Philippa Irvine, Talent Scout. For any queries, contact Philly directly on +64 21 564 691 or email firstname.lastname@example.org