Well established and well respected, this New Zealand arm of a Global insurer continues to grow through their superior service, diverse product portfolio and strong industry relationships with the major brokers.
Responsible for handling new business and reviewing and renewing existing books of business, underwriters are fundamental in generating revenue for our international client. Underwriters are tasked with determining the risk of an insured, whether an individual, or company, and appropriately calculating the premium for the requested coverage.
In conjunction with the other members of the Department, manage, monitor and have responsibility for production, underwriting and administration of the PI portfolio as allocated.
- Assist in developing the PI business plans and budgets and carry out the appropriate functions within the business plan.
- Establish/Maintain strong customer/industry relationships including:
- Broker relationships at all levels with indigenous and international broking firms
- Direct relationships with clients where possible
- Good working relationships with competitors on coinsurance accounts
- Solid relationships with the reinsurance market
- Underwriting PI business including new and renewal business within authorities granted and in accordance with profit centre guidelines including reviewing and signing-off referrals from underwriters within the team.
- Team management and leadership (Small close knit team)
- Continual review and development of Products and development of new Products including associated Marketing material
- Over 5+ Years demonstrated Professional Indemnity, Professional Liability and D&O experience, preferably NZ PI Experience
- Lead and Develop a small team
- Salesability in the development of business
For a confidential chat please contact Gary on 09 887 7260 alternatively please forward a comprehensive CV with cover note to email@example.com.