There really is nothing like the wild beauty of the South Island's West Coast. From the glaciers in the south to Punakaiki and the Heaphy Track in the north. Westport has easy access to them all, with its shop-lined main street, the Buller River, historic architecture, cosy cafes and in the next couple of years, the site of a brand new Integrated Family Health Centre.
The Community Allied Health Team Leader is responsible for the provision of clinical leadership and quality interventions within the Buller Health Allied Health Service ensuring the promotion of good health and independence by assessment, treatment, education and co-ordination of care for a wide range of appropriate consumers.
The key deliverables are:
- Supporting the operational delivery of a high quality Allied Health service to the Buller region within an interdisciplinary team environment
- Provision of assessment, education and treatment using a patient centred model of care for patients
- Working in partnership with the Clinical Managers OT/ Physiotherapy and ADAH to recruit, enable and extend the workforce to meet current and future service demands
- Maintaining a level of professional development appropriate to the role
- Supporting the Clinical Managers OT/Physiotherapy by accepting delegated responsibility for projects and roles as required
- Delivering clinical supervision to staff as delegated by the Clinical Managers OT/Physiotherapy
To be successful in this role it is essential you have the following:
- Qualification as an Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist, recognised by the respective New Zealand Regulatory Authority and Professional Body
- NZ registration & current APC
- Eligibility / work visa to work in NZ
- Postgraduate broad experience, including respiratory, neurological and musculoskeletal practice (adult & children)
The position is based in Westport and is full-time, but can be flexed down to .75 FTE for the right candidate. Travel throughout the West Coast (satellite clinics & community) may be necessary to fulfill the position criteria.
Enquiries should be directed to John Ray, Recruitment Specialist on email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are only accepted online so please click the "Apply Now" button below to send us your CV and covering letter today!
Location: Buller and Northern Areas
Closing Date: Friday, 3 November 2017.