Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk.
We believe the future is Wireless! The ultimate goal of Apple Wireless Power Team is to deliver products with highest quality and provide a seamless user experience for end users. Given the complexity and infinite possibilities comprising the use cases of wireless power technology, we work hand in hand cross-functionally to achieve this. Kicking off design verification at early stages thru validation as the design matures ensures that our team defines the unidentifiable boundary of each designed product. Are you in for the challenges?
If you are passionate about evaluation of new technology, conceptualizing new verification methods, and development of new products, you will fit right in. The aim is to develop, organize, design and implement methods of verification that are essential throughout the entire design development cycle.
- Relevant 5+ years of experience is required.
- Self starter and motivator with good communications skills and ability to work independently as well as collaborate proactively within various levels of the organization.
- Knowledgeable on Digital and Analog circuit design and circuit analysis.
- Basic knowledge on Switch Mode Power Supply, Inductive or Wireless Power Transfer is an advantage.
- Takes initiative to proactively identify, solve problems and has a desire to contribute.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Knowledge and experience in six sigma and various statistical methods/concepts is desired.
- Experience in using Python, Matlab, Labview and confident using the command line in Unix, Linux, and/or OS X
- Background in designing, integrating and testing robotics / automating systems is a plus.
- Ability to assess, recommend and make decisions based on data from validation testing.
- Flexibility to evolving business needs, this involves willingness to participate beyond normal working hours.
- Limited international travel will be required.
- Provide expertise in systems engineering, architecting methods to enable verification and validation of system’s controls and hardware requirements.
- Preparing concise and detailed verification/validation documentation and reports with an emphasis on prioritizing tasks to meet challenging deadlines.
- Log issues, monitor progress and validate resolution once implemented.
- Support analysis of factory test data and publish insightful reports.
- Document test procedures, control samples and maintain records of equipment calibration.
- Conduct FMEA on some areas of test processes and validation to identify design root causes of issues.
- Develop and participate in conceptualizing test tools to effectively simulate user experience at any test phase during design development.
- Work with other teams to conceptualize system verification and validation.
- Provide close guidance to other teams in the verification and testing of specifications and requirements.
- Involvement in factory testing to ensure data is relevant for validation. This is specifically meaningful in quantifying parameters to identify factory limits and margins for products.
Electrical/Power Electronics Engineering degree and relevant 5+ years of experience in a related field or industry required.