- Christchurch Based
- Newly Created Leadership Opportunity
- Develop and Drive the Sustainability Direction for the Business
Established in 1978, Ravensdown are a highly regarded, 100% farmer-owned co-operative. Ravensdown attracts and supports over 700 staff to deliver on its mission – to enable smarter farming for a better New Zealand - Ka pūkekotia a Rongomātāne, ka poho kererū a Aotearoa. A top-class employer offering more than your average company, Ravensdown provides their people with all they need to positively thrive. If you’re keen to grow your career, there’s no better place to nourish it than at Ravensdown.
With clear vision and values, a strong reputation, excellent staff engagement and robust financial performance, Ravensdown truly walks the talk when it comes to making a meaningful contribution to NZ’s prosperity. Reporting to the CFO, this newly created specialist role will lead the sustainability direction for the business, providing the framework and strategic advice to the Board and senior leadership team, ensuring sustainability initiatives are developed, shared and celebrated with consistent communication of goals throughout the business. This senior position focused on delivery will provide intelligence on best practice and trends, develop clear positions on sustainability and social responsibility matters towards creating a comprehensive long-term sustainability strategy.
You will possess:
- A relevant Tertiary qualification.
- Energy and passion for sustainability
- Demonstrated success leading the practical execution of sustainability and corporate social responsibility across a commercial organisation.
- At least 5 years prior experience managing sustainability/ social responsibility and environmental strategy
- Proficiency in technical environmental footprint calculation methodologies and frameworks
- A strong understanding of corporate environmental issues and best practices in goal setting, designing and executing reduction initiatives and measuring progress
- A collaborative nature, with highly developed communication and influencing skills to facilitate and achieve outcomes across cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams
- Strong relationship management and stakeholder engagement skills
This represents an exceptional opportunity to develop, implement and lead an enduring sustainability programme in a highly regarded and successful organisation.
To apply in strict confidence now, email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com quoting 438863kea. Applications close on 18 November 2018. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
To view a position description, please visit the Job Search page at www.sheffield.co.nz.
For more information please phone Louise Green on +64 3 353 4367.