· Executive Level Commercial Leadership Role
· Supply Chain/Wider Business Logistics Focus
· Career Development/Lifestyle Opportunity
Port Otago Limited is a major export port for the South Island of New Zealand. Delivering superior customer service in the interest of cargo owners and shipping lines is a priority for the business. Port Otago provides integrated container and cargo handling, warehousing and container depot, and logistics and pilotage services from its Port Chalmers and Dunedin facilities. The business is dynamic, has a “hands-on” practical culture and provides career development opportunities to high performers.
This newly created role, which reports directly to the Chief Executive, will provide commercial and people leadership to Port Otago’s warehousing, cold store, logistics and wider supply chain services. The profitable growth of these services through identifying new business opportunities, delivering outstanding customer service and added value, continuous business improvement and utilising best practice processes is a key focus. The leadership and development of the supply chain team and the ongoing improvement of safety are core responsibilities.
Applicants will display the following attributes:
· Proven total commitment to continually building a safer workplace.
· Related port or supply chain/logistics/commercial senior level experience.
· A customer focused approach to business including both service and added value.
· Proven strategic leadership, innovation and commercial acumen.
· The ability to identify and win new supply chain business opportunities
· Proven skills to develop and continuously improve business systems.
· A reputation for teamwork and performance accountability.
This executive level opportunity is expected to appeal to a Supply Chain professional looking to widen their experience or take the next step in their career. It may also appeal to other commercially focused managers who are confident in transferring their experience and skills into this role. A remuneration package reflecting the experience and skills of the appointee will be negotiated. The opportunity for career development within the business following strong performance in this role is likely to be available.
Living in Dunedin offers a range of lifestyle choices with a wide range of recreational activities available in the city or within short travelling distance.
For further information on Port Otago Ltd, please visit their website www.portotago.co.nz.
Confidential enquiries can be directed to Alan Head or Jane Cotter of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Friday 18 August 2017. All applications will be acknowledged by email.