- Help eradicate TB in the upper South Island using your understanding of traceability and TB management.
- Harness your knowledge of the topography and land user issues relating to pest control
- Greymouth or Christchurch Based.
OSPRI is a non-profit organisation which operates in partnership with New Zealand’s primary industries and government to achieve on-farm biosecurity objectives through animal disease management and traceability. We work closely with our shareholders, Beef and Lamb New Zealand, Dairy NZ, Deer Industry New Zealand and the Ministry for Primary Industries, plus a range of other stakeholders, to deliver on our value statement: Farmers and markets can depend on us to provide assurance as to the health and status of animals.
OSPRI has a key role in the biosecurity system to contribute to New Zealand’s national and international reputation in animal products. TBfree and National Animal Identification and Tracing are OSPRI programmes.
With a new Chief Executive at the helm, significant and exciting changes have been made over the last 12 months including the recent establishment of a high performing, collaborative, and forward-thinking organisation with a strong emphasis on organisational agility. The next step OSPRI’s evolution has been to create a new Supervisor, Field Operations position to support the vision of this team.
About the Role
Working with farmers, landowners and contractors, the Supervisor, Field Operations will oversee external contractors to facilitate and deliver OSPRI’s programmes in the upper South Island. This role requires a good team player, who can think on their feet. It is a rewarding role for someone with a good understanding of traceability, TB management and its relationship with biosecurity. This role provides technical and professional expertise to work with regional stakeholders and contractors, and be the main point of contact for contractors in the field. Through supervising both aerial and ground operations, the Supervisor, Field Operations ensures the legal compliance and risks are appropriately managed, and contractors meet their contractual obligations.
This proactive, bold and ambitious role suits someone who:
- Takes on new opportunities and challenges, holding themselves and others accountable.
- Is familiar with Bovine TB eradication programmes and pest control principals.
- Has passion for the field and industry, with a good knowledge of the upper South Island, including the West Coast, topography.
- Maintains a good reputation in their community, and is known for their teamwork and collaboration.
- Is organised, planned and effective at problem resolution
- Has experience in project and risk management in operational roles.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Wednesday, 24 June 2020
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Ginny Fail on 04 550 8000