Our client, a well established and fast growing engineering consultancy, are on the look out for an Intermediate or Senior Structural Design Engineer. You’ll be based in their new Tauranga practice (with head office based in Auckland).
They’re renown for working with award winning architects and they specialise in high-end residential and commercial projects around New Zealand. Because of this, it’s essential that any structural engineer joining this practice, has a passion for architecture.
Our client aim to create a boutique practice where they value their clients, strive to impress through their exceptional level of customer service and striking documentation. The Bay of Plenty & Waikato region has expanded rapidly which now means there is a demand to have structural engineering services set up in this practice to cope with the varied workflow going forward.
Key factors to consider:
- You will help influence how this practice progresses going into the future
- You will assist in developing and managing their client base and project portfolio
- In turn, our client will provide the successful candidate with a support network and help with professional development and career growth
- They will maintain a close link with their other offices (Auckland and Queenstown), who provide a wealth of experience that can be called upon at any stage no matter what a projects complexities are
- This an opportunity to join a practice where your input is truly valued, a great company culture is on offer and flexibility for work-life balance is real
- Design of new residential and commercial structures in a timely manner and in accordance with applicable New Zealand standards and building code
- Conducting site investigations and construction monitoring
- Ensuring that all work is completed to health & safety and legal requirements
- Taking ownership of your own projects and tasks. Illustrating an ability to coordinate with architects and clients, putting an emphasis on creating and maintaining relationships
- Engage and network, increasing our client base and market share
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 3+ years’ experience within the structural engineering sector in New Zealand with exposure to architecturally sensitive design incorporating timber, steel or concrete construction
- Be architecturally sensitive. You will have the opportunity to work alongside some of NZ’s leading Architects who are regularly published and winning NZIA awards
- Have a positive attitude and keen to extend your engineering knowledge base
- Take pride and responsibility in going above and beyond client expectations
- Have exceptional communication and inter-personal skills, including verbal and written
- Be self-aware of competencies, willing to engage with colleagues to seek help and ask questions
- Have a good understanding of design codes, standards and legislation in New Zealand
- Have experience in Seismic Design
- Be Chartered or in the process of achieving your chartership.
- Be comfortable with the use of Microsoft Office suite, Autodesk Building Design suite, mathCad and various structural analysis software (SpaceGass, Robot, Beam Des, multiframe, etc.)
- Most importantly, our client is looking for someone who fits into their company culture! They don’t take themselves too seriously, love to have a laugh and they're looking for someone like minded who will add to their light-hearted office environment
For the right candidate, an attractive package is on offer.
- Competitive Remuneration, exceeding market salary
- Relocation assistance if living outside the Bay
- Opportunity to progress within the company through the support and provision of both formal and informal professional development
- Professional Guidance and support through a mentorship programme.
- Open management structure and casual office environment where your opinions are listened to and where your well-being matters
- All materials required to carry out your role
- Ability to work from any of their offices for a short-term change of scenery
- On-going social activities, including taking advantage of the beautiful outdoor environment Tauranga has to offer, and a well-earned Friday drink
If you are looking to take the next step into a rewarding career within a progressive, expanding and highly renowned structural engineering consulting practice, please don’t delay and send your CV to me today!