We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Statistician/Scientist to join our team at the Invermay Agricultural Centre in Mosgiel. Reporting to the Science Commercialisation Director, this is a demanding position, offering accountability and autonomy. You must be a self-starter with an excellent track record.
Oritain was founded in 2008 and is a private company. We are a global leader in scientifically proving where food/fibre/pharmacuticals comes from, and exist to protect the reputations of our customers, by identifying and mitigating risks in the food supply chain. We recently set up operations in the UK and partner with some of New Zealanders leading exporters to protect their brands from market fraud world-wide. We have close ties to leading experts at the University of Otago.
The Position and You
The ideal candidate will have a minimum qualification of a BA/BSc in statistics or BSc(Hons) with a significant statistics background. We need someone with 'potential not publications' and want to hear from anyone with relevant experience. We'd be very impressed if you have experience and skills of coding in R, Matlab or similar language.
It is essential that you have the following qualifications and experience, and possess these attributes:
· BA/BSc in statistics or BSc (Hons) with a significant statistics background
· Experience with designing, collecting and interpreting experimental data and effectively communicate findings to a range of audiences
· A forward thinker
· Commercially savvy and articulate
· A desire to create new ideas
· Excellent written and oral communication
· Self-managing, resilient, and calm under pressure
· Have an ability to ‘think outside the box’
· A good fit with our company culture
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world-leading risk-mitigation provider in the food supply chain sector.
For more information, please phone Sam Lind on 03 425 9090.
Please apply in writing to Sam Lind. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Oritain Global Limited
Private Bag 50034