At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptional talent, and bright, driven people. Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a leader in Cloud Computing, is seeking a talented Startup Business Development Manager to join the AWS Startup business development team to drive the awareness and adoption of the AWS cloud across the ASEAN startup ecosystem. This is a unique opportunity for a driven, self-starter to play a key role in a fast-growing business, and to drive significant value for startups building sophisticated, scalable applications.
The mission of the AWS Startup Team is to work with the best startups to build their businesses on AWS, and to help them be successful and grow. The Startup Business Development Manager will engage with promising startups and startup organizations in Indonesia in order to acquire, grow and retain hot and early stage startups. If you have a passion for technology and the ability to get people excited about your company, especially within the fast-paced, energetic startup ecosystem, then this is the role for you.
- Activities that influence and strengthen AWS’s relationship with new and existing startup customers in Indonesia, such as joint PR, introduction to other parts of Amazon, and introductions to potential investors where relevant.· Influence early stage startups to develop, test, and launch on AWS; and drive increased overall startup adoption of strategic AWS services.
- Providing technical guidance about the AWS platform to startups in conjunction with AWS solution architects, helping them grow efficiently and cost effectively on the platform.
- Driving signups to our Activate startup program in collaboration with partners in the ecosystem (e.g. incubators, accelerators and venture funds).· Attending and representing AWS at relevant startup and technology events, as well as working with sales & marketing to plan and execute our own events and campaigns.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree qualification· 5 years’ experience working within a technical organisation or startup(s)
- Passion for technology and the startup ecosystem· Ability to learn quickly, be creative and take initiative· Self-reliant, adaptable, decisive, and professional· Able to function in a team environment· Results-oriented· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills and able to professionally interact with customers in Bahasa Indonesia
- Prior experience working in a similar role and working environment· Previous cloud technology knowledge/experience.
- Understanding of the lifecycle and needs of startups· Several years of sales, direct sales or pre-sales experience