As a global media company, Red Bull Media House produces, publishes, distributes and licenses high-quality programming. Millions of viewers around the globe experience our TV and video products through Red Bull TV, a global digital video service with a growing portfolio of applications on key platforms including Apple TV, Xbox, Chromecast, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV as well as select Smart TV devices. The Lead Software Engineer, Video Play-Out is responsible for leading the technical design, implementation and operations of the underlying API’s, software services and infrastructure used to power Red Bull’s next generation of personalized video streaming experiences across all relevant devices and platforms.
- Work with product management and internal stakeholders to understand and shape requirements for Red Bull TV video delivery software services
- Own and lead the definition, implementation and governance of system architecture, patterns and overall technical design of Red Bull TV video delivery API’s and services
- Guide all relevant technology decisions including choice of languages and frameworks, 3rd party components (build vs. buy), etc.
- Hire, mentor and manage a team of software architects and engineers
- Work with lead engineers to ensure the efficient use of development team
- Collaborate with engineers to ensure regular release of working, high quality software (ship code)
- Implement proof of concepts (PoC’s) used to inform technical design decisions and roadmaps '
- Design and help implement highly scalable, reliable, extensive and maintainable code that supports large scale enterprise applications
- Enable the continuous and scalable addition of new platform components as needed to support an evolving business model and changing stakeholder requirements
- Stay on top of the latest innovations in software technology and approaches to inform platform features and functionality
- Establish Red Bull Media House as a respected technology-driven media business by building relationships with leading technology companies, innovative startups and industry insiders
- 5+ years of experience growing and managing software development teams in fast-paced distributed environments within a growth-oriented organization
- Proven track record of creating distributed, scalable, service-oriented web based services
- Deep experience with modern software tools and multi threaded, multi core, highly parallel technology stacks, including:
- Test Driven Development
- AWS (EC2)
- Salt Stack
- Vertx 3.x
- Angular, RxJS
- Experience with HLS, MPEG-DASH and VAST/VMAP
- Proven ability to deliver scalable and future-proof technical designs, system architectures and production ready code
- Creative thinker and innovator
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Science), masters or doctorate a plus