NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Athletes constantly chase their potential. They seek information, motivation and the gear to give them an edge over the competition. The Nike Digital team enables NIKE, Inc.'s digital products and services that inspire athletes to do one more lap, one more crunch or one more marathon. The team fuels dynamic brand experiences, consumer interactions and Nike’s digital platforms, including nike.com and NIKEiD. They use world-class technology, decades of athlete insights, and skills such as consumer analytics, statistics, digital marketing, software development, social media engagement and more to deliver products and experiences to athletes around the world.
We’re taking digital to the next level. We've opened a new Digital Innovation Lab (DIL) in NYC that’s dedicated to creating engaging and innovative consumer experiences across all of our digital products and services. And you’re going to help grow the DIL and Nike’s New York technology presence with us. All the passion and hustle of a start-up, but at the scale, stability, and benefits of Nike.
Goals of the Digital Innovation Lab in NYC:
● Bring community & collaboration features to digital products and services
● Build empowered teams of high functioning ICs
● Rethinking about how we do digital experiences
● Grow Nike’s presence in New York’s technology community
The Digital Innovation Lab will be initially focused on our SNKRS app, a sleekly designed online store stocked with high-end shoes. This application is targeted towards the sneaker enthusiast, and it’s function extends beyond the digital storefront. While shoes are a consumer staple, Nike's success in footwear owes a great deal to the lifestyle brand and image that the company has cultivated, and there exists a sizable market of sneaker enthusiasts. A culture has developed around the products that places a premium on fashion and rarity, and the SNKRS app represents an attempt by Nike to further bridge sneaker culture into the social-media sphere.
Our Offer… As our Sr. Android Engineer, you will play an integral role in developing innovative Android native experiences.
In this role, you will be:
● Innovating, architecting, designing and implementing highly visible projects that directly impact the customer experience
● Contributing ideas for new features and identifying areas for improvement proactively
● Collaborating with development and product team members at Nike to design, develop, and deploy innovative mobile applications
● Provide technical leadership and best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute unique and innovative experiences
● Writing clean, tested, and well-documented code
What we're looking for:
● Academic background in computer science (BS or MS) or equivalent work experience
● 3+ years’ experience developing, releasing, and maintaining native Android Applications
● Deep understanding of the Android SDK
● Animation, custom UI, and sensor experience
● Ability to work closely with Product Managers, other development teams, and QA teams
● Be a self-starter with a passion for technology and a burning desire to constantly improve yourself, the product, and the codebase
● Comfortable working within a fast-paced startup-like environment
● Openness to new technologies and creative solutions
● Experience estimating work, planning, organization and implementing complex software projects
● Ability to pass a 7 year background investigation