Jacobs is a global provider of technical, professional and scientific services including engineering, architecture, construction, operations and project maintenance. Our client portfolio spans industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Building Services Engineer to join our Auckland-based team. You will be working in a national building services team covering M&E, Fire, Hydraulics across the country and will get to use your experience and technical ability to deliver building services projects from concept to through to completion.
You will be a key participant in improving the internal processes of the team to improve efficiency and quality of the services delivered. From an external perspective you will effectively build relationships with existing clients and work towards a trusted advisor position for them.
You will be involved in:
· Leading projects from both technical and project delivery perspectives and lead client stakeholder relationships
· Design and project manage medium/large services national projects
· Develop a local building services client base, through solid client relationships and project delivery
· Work with the NZ building services team on nationwide project delivery.
For this role you will need the following skills and experience:
· Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant discipline
· Extensive experience in building services design, coordination and project delivery covering a range of commercial and institutional developments
· 10+ years’ experience working as Mechanical Engineer in a consultancy environment and be near or have CPEng registration
· Extensive experience in mechanical, ESD, fire, hydraulics and electrical engineering working in a multi-disciplinary consultancy environment.
· Strong knowledge in AS/NZS standards and the NZ Building Code
· Proficient/familiar with working within a REVIT modelling environment
· Innovative approach to design and problem solving
At Jacobs we offer rewarding careers with ongoing development opportunities, flexible working arrangements and a culture that is collaborative and inclusive. As part of the Jacob’s APAC team you will have access to a wide range of lifestyle benefits and corporate discounts. We believe in collaboration and knowledge sharing, from global virtual teams to local work sharing options.
Achieve more with a global brand. Apply online by clicking on the link below.
Please note: If you are being represented by recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.