Thinking of returning to New Zealand and have worked for one of the major Financial Institutions (CBA, Westpac, Bank of America, Barclays, Goldman Sachs etc .....) in the world, or have a knowledge of front office roles and worked with traders in investment banks or for a technology company that does?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our global client, located in their modern office in Christchurch, NZ as a Software Consultant. They deliver to some of the world’s most advanced financial trading systems to some of the worlds premier banks and financial trading groups. Their software manages a substantial amount of funds in transactions across many countries on a daily basis.
This dynamic role combines engagement management, customer management, and hands-on engineering as you manage projects end-to-end either solo or as part of a team.
As part of this high-performing global team of collaborative, talented Software Consultants who thrive on their work, you will the freedom to tackle a wealth of interesting, challenging problems that create value for the clients.
- Help clients reach their goals through the leading technology solutions available
- Lead client engagements from business analysis through to deployment, customer adoption, and customisation.
- Design, develop, and release applications for critical, high performance systems
- Customise the highly configurable products to assemble solutions for the clients
- Be 100% responsible for successful solution launches, including deployment of new releases to production, active adoption by customer users, and smooth hand-offs to client services / support and account management
- 2 or more years programming in at least one of the following languages: Python, C#, Java, or C++
- 1-3 years in a business-facing, hands-on technical role
- Experience driving requirements gathering, managing projects, interacting with users and clients
- Learning new domains, organizations, and technology
- Familiarity with SQL and databases
- Front office capital markets knowledge and/or experience with financial software or trading is a plus
- Excellent English communication skills
Whats on offer?
- Be very well remunerated
- Work as part of a friendly knowledgeable team
- Be well looked after and enjoy team retreats
- Health Insurance
- Amazing annual leave policy
- Flexible working
- and much more ....
New Zealand citizenship or permanent resident status required to be eligible for this role.