About Communications at Uber
The most successful consumer technology companies are brilliant storytellers, who put their products—as well as the benefits of those products—front and center in every communication.
Our communications team is responsible for telling Uber’s story to the media and third parties: whether it’s transforming how we get around town and the lives of people who value independent, flexible work; or cutting congestion in cities by getting more backsides into fewer cars. That’s partly about building lasting relationships with the key news outlets and journalists in every country where we operate. It also about being creative in how we tell our story, including using social media, as well as working with the public policy team to develop campaigns that make the positive case for reform.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and creative social strategist to develop and implement Uber’s global social content and community strategy. The ideal candidate will have a track record of social innovations and success. You'll join on the ground floor as we look to build out this critically important function within our team. We are looking for a highly strategic and creative individual who will work closely with our communications, marketing and customer service teams to build an impactful social presence across numerous channels.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to plan content for upcoming campaigns and product rollouts.
- Develop and execute the social strategy related to broader marketing and communications campaigns and initiatives.
- Manage tactical execution of content and social marketing strategies including development of an editorial cycle, publication/posting and tracking.
- Identify and manage influencer engagement opportunities across our global accounts.
- Collaborate closely with Marketing, Ops, Customer Service to establish ownership over influencer interactions.
- Strategize and build evergreen content that can scale to a global audience; work with global teams to localize content and tap into culturally relevant moments.
- Apply a social lens to existing brand content and messaging—tailor all items appropriately by channel.
What We’re Looking For:
- A self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up too. Stuff changes fast in our world so you’ll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure;
- A great advocate: We’re looking for people who can distill complex ideas into simple, but intellectually credible, arguments. You’ll need to write well and have the creative ability to tell stories—about our product, people and the ways we’re helping to improve life for passengers, drivers and cities.
- A strong campaigner: Smartphone apps are disruptive, and the interests being disrupted are deeply entrenched. We succeed by putting together effective campaigns with third parties on behalf of the passengers and drivers who use the app. That means you’ll have a bias for action in everything you do.
- A team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It’s why we’re looking for people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done—and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
- 3 - 4+ years social media content development and marketing experience.
- Proven track record of creating and leading content for large social presences.
- Deep understanding of social media management tools.
- Exceptional writing skills with strong attention to detail, grammar, and tone.
- Experience working cross-functionally with an array of internal teams.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strategic and creative outlook with inspired brand content ideas