- Design and execute dairy consumer and sensory research plans
- Lead sensory and consumer research projects in the search for superior dairy products
- Utilise your previous sensory research experience with a leader in the dairy industry … Synlait!
This is a fantastic opportunity to put your Sensory experience from the Dairy industry to best use as Synlait look for the next superior dairy products for the market place of tomorrow!
Based at Synlait’s Palmerston North offices, on Massey University’s campus, this is a role that will be a focus of attention, as you lead, and collaborate, with cross functional teams in the design and execution of sensory research strategies.
With your previous academic and industry experience in dairy products, you’ll utilise your sensory knowledge in both qualitative and quantitative research methods to uncover new and exciting sensory direction and development around consumer defined product targets.
With your ability to put together appropriate sensory panels, apply statistical design and analysis and then communicate results and reports to all levels of the Synlait business this is a role that was made for the next step in your career!
This is an exciting and vibrant opportunity where innovation, development and design of dairy products is at the forefront of every Synlait project, so prepare to be in the spotlight, there will never be a dull moment in this position … with Synlait!
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will require …
- Knowledge and understanding of modern sensory analysis techniques and how to apply them to research and development projects
- Previous experience with training and leading sensory panels
- Solid technical skills, preferably from the dairy industry
- Strong statistical analysis of data and the ability to present and report this to all levels of a business
- Capability in Excel, Word and Powerpoint report presentation.
- A Food Technology tertiary qualification is highly regarded in this role
- We want you to be part of our success, of our growth and our development as Synlait continue to build their name and reputation within the global dairy community.
To apply for the role please click the link and provide an up to date CV and a short cover letter outlining your experience of the required skills and experience as outlined above.
We wish you the best of luck.
Sensory Scientist PD