Senior Underwriter | Life Insurance
An excellent opportunity to join an organisation with an outstanding reputation.
Our client is a market pioneer within the insurance industry and they are seeking highly capable Senior Life and Disability Underwriters to join their Wellington team and play a large role in the future of the business.
This role is right for underwriters who are looking to be challenged and enthused by their job on a day to day basis.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Provide quality underwriting service in line with the companies Underwriting philosophy and practices in order to maintain a profitable risk portfolio.
- Provide support and mentoring to less experienced underwriters.
- Assess new Applications within agreed time frames and service standards.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with advisors
- Attend to advisers and/or customers regarding New Business Applications.
- Develop new and innovative underwriting approaches
- Over 5 years underwriting experience (Senior) or minimum 2/3 years (Intermediate)
- In depth knowledge of life insurance underwriting philosophies and technologies
- Excellent relationship management skills and the ability to build outstanding relationships with internal customers
- Strong medical knowledge
- Excellent customer service
- Supportive working environment
- Ability to up-skill through workshops, attending industry events and unrivalled training.
- Great onboarding process
- Opportunities to experience working with some of the industry’s best
- Above market remuneration
For a confidential discussion about Underwriting Opportunities, please contact Louise Hall-Strutt at Stirling Andersen, New Zealand’s premier specialist insurance recruiter with 11 offices across the globe on +64 (0)9 887 7260 or firstname.lastname@example.org