Transaction Advisors/Senior Advisors – (Infrastructure Investment & Economics) – New Zealand
• Advisors/Senior Advisors – multiple opportunities available
• Transaction, Strategy and Commercial Advisory team
GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. With a global network of 8,500 professionals, we combine the benefit of local knowledge with an ability to access our people from anywhere, helping clients enjoy the rewards of one GHD network.
A new business group, GHD Advisory, addresses our clients’ needs to drive efficiencies and growth across their commercial and asset lifecycle. Drawing upon our technical expertise, sound business acumen and experience in design, delivery and operations, we devise innovative solutions and cost effective strategies to maximise value for money and deliver exceptional project outcomes.
Advisory complements GHD’s existing service lines through six core activities:
• Regulatory, Assurance & Risk
• Infrastructure Investment & Economics
• Asset Management
• Innovation & Commercialisation
• Strategic Communications & Engagement
As part of the growing Infrastructure Investment & Economics business, GHD has established a dedicated Transaction, Strategy and Commercial Advisory team who can combine their business acumen and technical and operational experience to deliver client outcomes in a consulting environment. As a result of this growth, we are seeking a number of Advisors (Junior - mid level) and Senior Advisors to expand the NZ team and this is where you come in to our “bigger picture”.
GHD’s due diligence experience in recent years covers a range of projects for vendors and purchasers with a strong track record of advising on over 100 billion dollars in transactions. Our services include technical, commercial, regulatory and social due diligence providing analysis of risks and opportunities, and paths forward to enable successful investment/divestment outcomes.
You may bring any or all of the following to the table with your mix of an engineering and economics/finance background and a focus on infrastructure through to consulting experience in business case development, design team leadership, quantitative analysis and business modelling, financial and commercial analysis of infrastructure projects and preparation of business cases.
About your new role
As an Advisor or Senior Advisor you will provide Strategic and Commercial advisory services as part of the team and this will include but is not limited to the project delivery efforts for the Business Activity and supporting the Business Activity to expand and increase market penetration. You will assist and contribute to the securing of a pipeline of work for the Group achieved by your proven ability to leverage internal and external relationships and contribute to the business development activities within the team.
Primary functions will include
• Acting as Project Manager on appropriate projects
• Building effective relationships with existing GHD service lines and developing a proactive solutions driven approach
• Developing transaction, strategy and commercial advisory service offerings and responding to requests for proposals
• Leading diverse technical teams on transaction engagements
• Undertaking detailed financial and commercial analysis of infrastructure projects
• Preparation of business cases
• Advising on the development of commercial principles, procurement strategies, tender documentation, tender evaluation and providing contract negotiation support
• Advising on alternative financing options
• Preparing concise, accurate and focused written analysis, recommendations and presentations
Desired Skills and Experience
• Degree qualification in Engineering, Finance, Economics or a related discipline
• Industry experience in line with Advisor/Senior Advisor level in a recognised contracting or consulting environment
• Commercial acumen
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Proven ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships
• Established professional reputation
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to combine business, finance and strategy concepts in to measurable results
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working for men and women have been central to the way GHD does business. As is creating a nurturing environment where people are empowered and are encouraged to bring their whole-self to work. You will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from inspiring colleagues as well as personalised career development through the GHD Business School.
• A generous parental leave policy for both women and men
• Access to an employee assistance program
• A variety of flexible working arrangements
• An inclusive environment that wins awards for workplace diversity
Our Advisory team in New Zealand operate out of our Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch offices.
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your covering letter and resume to Renee Brennan – NZRecruitment@ghd.com.