Senior Technical Specialist - Cloud Platforms, Infrastructure (Microsoft)
For us, it's about more than just banking. We work together in an agile, energising environment to create innovative solutions that won't just help our customers be good with money, but also do great things with it.
We don't yet have a slide, but we do have an onsite café - and are really pushing the boundaries with the latest virtualisation, containerisation, automation technologies. Our Cloud Platforms Team are expanding, and we are on the lookout for Senior Technical Specialists, based in our new Wellington Office on the Terrace. Our technology stack is on a transformation journey and you will play a big part of that story.
To be successful and thrive in this position you will be able to actively participate in a team environment, demonstrate ownership of issues and solutions, have strong communication skills and are results driven. You are a quick learner and a good teacher.
What you will be doing:
- Providing technical advice and expertise in Microsoft infrastructure, virtualisation, automation and platform delivery capabilities
- Contribute towards the continual improvement and innovation of technology and processes
- Window automation and patch management
- Support, mentor and provide leadership and guidance to your fellow Technical Specialists
Some of the key things we are looking for:
- Significant experience working with Microsoft technologies in an Enterprise environment as a Senior Technical Specialist or similar role
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Active Directory experience to a high level
- VMWare or similar virtualisation technology experience
- Azure or AWS or similar cloud compute platform experience
- Containerisation experience with tools such as Docker, OpenShift
- Orchestration and deployment experience with such tools as DSC, Octopus, Jenkins, Foreman,
- Experience in Infrastructure as Code development, deployment and testing
- Git or other version control systems
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery, Automated release pipelines
- Cloud technologies such as AWS and/or Azure
Working flexibly at BNZ
We're committed to creating an energising workplace for our people and offer a variety of different flexible working arrangements to enable us to be our best inside and outside of work, while still delivering for our customers. Talk to us about how we can make this role work for you.
Some of our other benefits include the following:
- Great staff banking benefits
- Generous leave entitlements - including flexible sick leave and domestic leave
- Option to purchase an additional one to two weeks annual leave
- Discretionary performance incentive schemes
- Flexible working options
We're reimagining banking and the way we hire great talent. If you're invited to complete a digital interview as the next stage of your application we'd love you to embrace it. Digital interviews allow more people the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities to the hiring manager in a new and innovative way giving you a better chance of securing your dream role. Relax, be yourself and don't worry, we all feel a bit awkward in front of the camera.
Want to be part of enabling a high achieving New Zealand? Apply now!
If you would like to know more about Life at BNZ and how you can help re imagine banking for our customers, please visit www.bnz.careers.co.nz or click the 'apply now' button to submit your confidential application.
Applications close Sunday, 24 February 2019.