A fast paced and innovative environment, NZX evolves with changes in the market and is creative in their approach to new challenges and opportunities. The Finance team supports the organisation’s goals by providing reporting to management and investors, assisting in their understanding of growth opportunities and providing financial input into decision making.
The senior tax accountant is responsible for ensuring that NZX meets all its tax compliance obligations and for the calculation and disclosure of tax balances for financial reporting purposes.
- Prepare and file tax returns for NZX and its subsidiaries
- Liaise with tax advisors to ensure the correct tax treatment of significant transactions
- Assist HR to manage payroll related tax obligations
- Work with BNP and the Smartshares/SuperLife team to ensure tax compliance for the funds managed by NZX’s funds management group
- Preparation of tax calculations (including deferred tax and current tax reconciliations), tax journals and related financial reporting disclosures
- Assist the rest of the finance team with monthly management accounting tasks
- Management of Australian tax obligations. Maintenance of transfer pricing policies for transactions between NZ and Australian group entities
- Advise on the tax implications of proposed transactions. Review draft contracts to identify potential tax issues and ensure that these are appropriately dealt with
- Manage IRD, ATO and advisor relationships
- CA or equivalent
- Experience with a big 4 or large corporate
- Strong tax technical experience, ideally with a good understanding of taxation of PIEs and foreign investments as well as indirect taxes
- Accounting experience – comfortable with and experienced in preparing full tax calculations for financial reporting
- Has or wants experience in the corporate environment – looking to expand skillset and willing to take on other accounting/commercial tasks
This is an opportunity with a respected brand and key player in the financial markets. Enjoy an excellent location, great culture and a broad range of work.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 16th June 2016.