Cigna New Zealand is part of Cigna Corporation, a Fortune 500 company and one of the world's largest publicly-owned insurance and financial services companies. We have a great team who genuinely care about the health and wellbeing of our fellow kiwis. We are doing what we can to pay back to the community through various sponsorship initiatives including Cigna Round the Bays and Achilles, and providing free health and wellbeing advice to the public through our wellbeing ambassador. Check us out on our website, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
We're looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our IT Operations Team. We're a medium sized windows enterprise environment with over 200 users including remote workers. We're in the middle of a digital transformation project upgrading all our technology. Now is the time to be part of this great project.
You'll been a generalist engineer but your expertise will be in networking. You'll be designing and implementing network changes, performing network infrastructure maintenance and upgrades and peer mentoring the other engineers. You'll need to ensure the smooth operation of our network and infrastructure, pre-empting any disruptions.
You'll be hands on with the design and development of projects, and see them through from ideation to completion. Some of the projects you might be responsible for include BCP, PCI-DSS, SQL upgrade to 2016, Windows 10 upgrade, DMZ upgrade and VDI solution. One thing we promise, you’ll never be bored.
You'll have extensive experience networking platforms (we use Cisco) and with VMware. Along with:
- Enterprise hardware such as IBM and HP Blade and SAN administration.
- TCPIP networking, in particular Cisco firewalls, switches and secure network design.
- MS Server, SQL Server and SCCM.
- Enterprise backup and storage technologies (Veeam, Backup Exec).
- Systems design, infrastructure and architecture implementations.
- Security products such as Beyond Trust, Bitlocker, SEP, SDLP, Encase, Qradar, Tanium, Tripwire, McAfee Web Gateway (server and clients) and secure connections like SSL, VPN or related security technologies, and;
- Be available to work the on-call roster, this is shared amongst the whole team so you’d only need to be available every 5th week.
If you’d like to talk about the role some more or what life is like at Cigna NZ contact Hannah Mundell on +64 4 474 3186 or email email@example.com for a copy of the position description. Otherwise please apply online through our careers site.
At Cigna NZ we offer many great employee benefits including free health insurance, gym subsidies and much more - but even better we offer a great culture here where we are committed to investing in our employees’ health and wellbeing and ongoing growth and development.