Senior Software Technical Lead (Auckland)
* Lead the development of software capability as a subject matter expert with a focus on cloud-based products and services
* Innovate across a diverse range of software and technology integration projects through your technical leadership
* Drive the professional development and growth of a motivated team of software developers
Play a leading role in the development of our business, being the software technical lead and solution architect, working with our clients and our internal teams to deliver projects and lift capability. This role will enable you to leverage your Software Development skills in a real-world setting, through helping the delivery of new and existing Beca digital projects both in New Zealand and globally. You will be comfortable sharing your software knowledge and expertise, helping the team to grow their technical capability.
You will be the go-to person who makes things happen, is a technology and software subject matter expert as well as creating an environment for others to succeed and grow their skill sets.
At Beca Digital, we believe in innovation and encourage diversity of thought. We invite applicants from a range of backgrounds with the following experience, skills and attributes:
* Credibility as a senior software developer with cloud-based software products, web development, systems Integration using APIs, distributed systems, software security and storage systems
* Experience using cloud computing services, specifically MS Azure, to provide software solutions with high availability requirements and have a broad understanding of cloud solution architecture
* Ability to lead and provide technical direction across multiple software solutions throughout the software life cycle including planning, estimation, feature development, client roll-out, ongoing support and growing and guiding the product road-map
* Ability to communicate with clients, understanding their requirements and leading technology-based discussions
* Experience coaching software developers leveraging your experience to drive innovative behaviours
* Proven agile development background using scrum or related agile approaches, with the ability to be proactive, flexible and comfortable with ambiguity
* Able to solve technical challenges with stakeholders from a range of engineering backgrounds and lead the implementation of software based solutions
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to build meaningful and collaborative relationships across various levels of a business
* Ability to create clarity for a team with an organised work style that is structured, rigorous and consistent
Beca Digital is moving into a significant stage of growth, working with our clients to solve real world and unique problems. Our clients work with us to develop creative solutions that leverage cloud based and on-prem products and services. We are developing a platform based approach to delivering exciting and cost effective software solutions that overcome some of the challenges of purely bespoke software. This combination of software building blocks and bespoke software make our digital roles challenging and unique. You will enjoy working across different projects with a range of clients, developing and delivering solutions and new digital offerings. You will be working with a motivated team of Software Developers and multi-disciplinary Engineers that combine technical ‘know how’ with enabling software and technologies.
Our Digital Products and Services Team includes 50 digital consultants, GIS specialists, data analysts and software developers. As a team, we play a central role in leading digital transformation across the company, embracing change through an ongoing process of continuous improvement and adoption of agile practices.
You will be working across our key digital offerings, including our cutting edge digital twin platform (FACILITYtwin) for operational management and industrial asset information models, and a portfolio management software product (CAPEXinsight) that is used globally by one of the world’s largest FMCG companies.
Learn more about Digital at Beca here: https://youtu.be/n9J4sZ_SMvg and https://www.beca.com/digital-transformation
To apply for this role, please follow the online application process below.
Beca is one of Asia Pacific's largest independent advisory, design and engineering consultancies. 2020 is a landmark year for Beca, representing both the dawn of a new decade and the beginning of our 2nd century. Throughout this year, we will celebrate our innovators, our thinkers, our explorers and our entrepreneurs; past, present and future.
We are a team of 3,300-plus throughout the Asia Pacific region who brings a wide range of perspectives and expertise to every client and challenge, creating resourceful, smart solutions from our collective experience and insights.
While our experience has been 100 years in the making, it’s the fresh talent we’re nurturing, the innovative thinking we’re developing and the connections that we’re forging that gets us most excited for the future. Refer to www.beca.com.