- A rare opportunity to utilise your Senior Food Assurance expertise with Fonterra
- Utilise your extensive risk assessment expertise within Fonterra’s food safety framework
- Provide, develop and maintain Food Safety & Quality tools that support best practice during New Product and Technology Development
Well good because you’re exactly who we need!
Based at Fonterra's Palmerston North campus, a dynamic scientific environment known for its industry breakthroughs and world-leading innovation, this is a fascinating and ultimately challenging role as part of a high-performing, knowledgeable, supportive team of food safety specialists at the Fonterra Research and Development Centre.
Utilising your expertise in risk mitigation, with a strong grounding in risk-based thinking to enable rapid risk ranking and effective implementation strategies for the innovation agenda, this role will provide the ultimate challenge in food safety and quality science application to product and process development.
It’s an opportunity to utilise your extensive risk assessment expertise within Fonterra’s food safety framework where you will provide interpretation of product hazard issues that will guide executive-level business decisions around best practice during new technology and new product development
We want you to have the experience and confidence to provide professional development to staff through coaching and mentoring at all levels and supporting innovative project development with real-world practical applications
Would you like a pivotal role in ensuring Fonterra stays the ‘most trusted source of dairy nutrition’ on a global scale!
Skills and Experience
With an established track record of applying both depth and breadth of risk assessment expertise; this is a role where you will need to be flexible in applying fundamental risk-based thinking to everyday practical business and R & D situations.
To succeed in this position you will have …
- Proven senior level experience in either a commercial or regulatory food environment, preferably in dairy.
- An appropriate high level postgraduate qualification in Microbiology, Food chemistry or equivalent
- Proven risk assessment history, preferably in the application of risk mitigation systems.
- The ability to understand and apply food safety regulatory standards.
- The ability to understand Codex risk-based thinking and tools, and their application to food.
- The ability to interpret scientific data and evaluate situations to provide sound advice to the wider Fonterra business.
- Excellent communication skills and a true team ethos to work.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! Apply today!
New Zealand-Manawatu-Wanganui-Palmerston North
Hours of Work