- Opportunity to lead delivery of major infrastructure projects
- Dynamic, fast-growing company with top-tier clients
- New Zealand construction management experience essential
Stellar Projects is looking for a highly experienced professional to lead prominent public-sector construction projects.
About Stellar Projects
Our company boasts a strong and dedicated team, delivering a wide variety of projects to an enviable range of clients. We are client-focused, both internally and externally, and understand the importance of providing a great experience for everyone involved.
If being part of a dynamic and innovative team, with opportunities to showcase your ability, motivates you, then we believe we can offer you great career progression. An attractive benefits package is offered.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director of our public-sector construction management team, you will be responsible for excellence in the execution of our construction management initiatives. The primary objective of the Senior Project & Contracts Manager is to provide leadership and outstanding service to clients while supporting our company expansion.
- Full delivery of major infrastructure projects – from site assessment and design through to construction.
- Lead construction management teams on proposal preparation, job delivery, work planning and financial management.
- Key in building the Stellar Projects brand, demonstrating core company values and developing the reputation as a go-to person in New Zealand construction management.
- Provide forward-thinking vision, identification of opportunities and assessment of challenges to effectively contribute to strategic planning.
- Minimum of 10 years professional work experience, with a proven track record of delivering large infrastructure construction projects (worth over $25m) to time, budget and specification. Roading and civil infrastructure experience is required.
- Experience in rail, land development and other general civil works would be a clear advantage.
- Must be highly experienced in the roles of Engineer to Contract and Engineer's Representative. Experience across both consultant and contractor roles is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, having held responsibility for direct reports and project teams in highly successful work programmes.
- Familiar with the New Zealand construction management environment and NZS 3910.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant discipline (Civil Engineering or similar).
- Chartered Engineer status.
- Recognised qualifications such as NZTA Registered Engineer's Representative would be an advantage.
- Client-facing, able to quickly and effectively establish a rapport with all stakeholders – known as both a transparent and reliable operator, a trusted advisor in the market.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to express complex ideas in a simply understood manner.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a clear assessment of requirements and priorities.
- Strong attention to detail, able to focus on critical elements and, at the same time, remain mindful of the big picture.
- Highly motivated and autonomous, with also a proven ability to empower others through collaboration. Lead by example, and value being part of a talented team with diverse skills and experience.
- Outstanding ability in business development to initiate and grow professional relationships.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment, illustrating a strategic business mindset.
- Strong commercial focus and contractual acumen.
Please submit a current CV and cover letter, outlining your reasons for applying for this role and indicating how your skills and experience match the requirements, to Maria Ridon (email@example.com, telephone +64 27 444 3315).