Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities in which we operate, and that drives us to keep moving forward. Our Operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localise it to an assigned market, while creating thousands of economic opportunities for drivers, and making transportation cheaper and more accessible for our riders. We are in the midst of incredible growth, which requires hard work. We are looking for people who are passionate about what they do, enthusiastic about collaborating with a diverse group of colleagues, and ready to roll up their sleeves to support the growth of their city.
About the Role:
The Senior Driver Operations Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a measureable impact on your city through the growth and optimisation of the supply side of Uber's platform. This is a critical role, as you will be in charge of continually improving the rider experience through greater driver availability, while minimising costs and streamlining processes. This data-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking and strong interpersonal abilities.
At Uber, we love making data driven decisions to develop and optimise our processes. You will use our data to create big picture ideas before turning them into actionable steps for your team with progressive timelines for completion. You’ll also be across the supply-side experiments that your team is running, to ensure the next Uber ride in your city happens quickly and seamlessly.
You will be a leader within the local operations team. You will need to be an effective manager of some of the brightest minds in the business. You’ll be representing Uber at meetings with external stakeholders, whether within government or in front of business partners.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- 6+ years professional experience. Members of our operations team often have backgrounds in engineering, finance, consulting, law, or computer science, or have worked in entrepreneurial or startup environments -if you think your background brings something to the table, we want to hear from you!
- Communication and collaboration skills - You excel at working with diverse teams, understanding different perspectives, and building solutions together. You’ll work with your city’s driver-partners, government, external business as well as different teams in your city, across ANZ, and all over the world.
- Demonstrated record of positively owning and leading initiatives and projects. You seek out problems and innovate ways to solve them. You have autonomy to make changes to Uber in your city, and possess the skills to push our product to be the best it can be.
- Creative solutions driven mindset - You have a “get things done” attitude and willingness to get “in the trenches” to work with our drivers and riders to make Uber a better experience for all.
- Analytical rigor - You’ll have experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against what you see in the real-world. We use data to inform our decisions. You will need to quickly identify the data you need to solve a problem and have the ability to analyse it to get to the answer.
- Employees receive free monthly Uber credits!
- Shape the strategic direction of your city & ANZ. Each city still operates like a start-up and from day 1, you'll be a part of the action.
- The rare opportunity to make a big impact such that everyone around you, including family and friends, are using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers with whom to collaborate in an exciting and diverse office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.