This is a fantastic opportunity to join our global client, located in their modern office in Christchurch, NZ, deliver some of the world’s most advanced financial trading systems to some of the worlds premier banks and financial trading groups. Their software manages a substantial amount of funds in transactions across many countries on a daily basis.
Our client is looking for a Senior Network Engineer who is highly experience in designing resilient, mission-critical trading networks infrastructure for global trading organizations. Past experience in low-latency network design and management is a plus.
What experience will you need?
· 4+ years experience in a senior role, managing switches and other network equipment at L2/L3, connecting international data centers, customer sites and partners.
· 4+ years managing production systems across global sites.
· 3+years securing infrastructure with firewalls, IDS/IPS products and configuration of VPNs
· Network routing between the company and external partners.
· Expertise in multiple vendor firewall, switching and routing technologies eg Arista, Fortigate, Cisco, A10 Networks, or Citrix Netscaler.
· BGP & BFD setup
· Demonstrated experience troubleshooting.
· Analyzing network data captures with tools such as Wireshark.
· VPN: between sites using IPSec as well as between users and sites.
· Experience managing windows devices.
· Experience maintaining network configurations with version control
· Penetration testing experience is desirable
· Excellent communication skills
Whats on offer?
· Work as part of a friendly knowledgeable team
· Be well looked after and enjoy team retreats
· Amazing annual leave policy
· Flexible working
· and much more ....
New Zealand citizenship or permanent resident status required to be eligible for this role.