Trade Me is one of New Zealand's busiest web platforms, with around 4 million members and 850,000 people visiting the site every day. This means that the code you write will be in front of all of these people, which is pretty exciting!
Trade Me Property is NZ's most popular property site, with more than twice as many Kiwi visitors than any of the competition. We're proud of our ability to connect with consumers and real estate agents alike, and we have exciting plans in the pipeline!
To drive our success further, we're on the hunt for a passionate .NET developer to join our Auckland Property Team.
What you'll be doing:
* Working within our Agile environment, you'll get your hands dirty alongside other developers, testers, designers and business analysts.
* Using your extraordinary skills to develop and test stories with your squad.
* Contributing to requirements analysis with input to the design and usability of new features.
* Developing and maintaining regression tests to ensure the Trade Me platform is constantly available.
* Getting involved in peer reviewing and testing code produced by other developers - we're all about helping each other out.
* Consistently working towards exceeding system performance targets.
* Actively working with your team members.
* Measuring and using data for metrics driven development, A/B testing, and minimum viable experiments.
* 6+ years of experience in similar roles.
* A degree in computer science or a related field would be desirable.
* You'll have sound C# development as well as an understanding of the .NET framework.
* You'll have an understanding of SOLID principles and the ability to apply them in your day-to-day work.
* Experienced with ASP.NET MVC or a similar framework.
* Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
* A team player - you're not afraid to pitch in and help others.
What we have to offer:
* This is an exciting position in the Trade Me Property team and offers the opportunity to really make an impact while carving out your own space.
* A hard-working and collaborative environment where you get to work with other equally passionate and expert folk.
* Building awesome products that are used and well loved by 1 million+ people
* You will work with a bunch of passionate, positive people who are all striving to make things better.
* Free fruit and as much good coffee you can possibly stomach in a work day.
* Engaging work with interesting and hard problems to solve.
* Excellent training opportunities.
Trade Me is a hard working, fun, vibrant and fast-moving place to work. We're looking for someone who'll thrive in this environment. We operate a dynamic and unique office culture, intended to reflect and empower our values and our "informal but serious" work ethic.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
We are also proud to have been recognised as a finalist in IBM Kenexa Best Workplaces Award for the last seven years running.
Check out what it's like to work at Trade Me in our video and drop us a line.