The Amazon Appstore team is looking for a marketing professional to support outreach to gamers, increase engagement with gaming communities, and drive marketing campaigns around new titles.
As the Senior Games Marketing Manager you will work with internal and external partners to build and execute a strong marketing plan to help drive awareness and acquire gamers to the Amazon Appstore, Fire devices, and Amazon Underground and to build programs designed to increase engagement with key titles. This position is responsible for developing and executing a customer acquisition plan in a manner that supports business growth, helps drive awareness, and builds a loyal customer base. Channels you will leverage could include social media, paid search, mobile advertising, affiliate marketing, social media, e-mail, PR, consumer technology or gaming events, and other online and offline marketing channels. A successful candidate will be creative and will leverage their knowledge of the games industry to help introduce new campaigns and even new channels.
As a Sr. Games Marketing Manager for Amazon Appstore, your key responsibilities will include the following:
- Define the consumer marketing plan; establish the optimal marketing mix; agency resources; and report marketing results to leadership.
- Participate in the establishment, implementation and measurement of the effectiveness of initiatives to help drive adoption of Amazon Appstore and the Amazon Underground app, including mobile app paid advertising, affiliate marketing, email and social media marketing.
- Work both at the planning level by generating bold and innovative ideas for growth and at the tactical level by helping to manage advertising campaign execution, creating and optimising campaigns, analysing traffic data and solving problems.
- Draft and localise marketing collateral and advertising creative for various digital channels, with a particular focus on digital assets and social media content marketing.
- Help identify and evaluate partnership opportunities, which could include co-marketing with app and game developers, consumer events, and engagement with gaming communities.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will have a proven track record for leading successful marketing programs across multiple touch points. A passion and understanding of the mobile space, a love of games, and an interest in new titles is a must!
The position will be based in Amazon’s UK office in central London.
· 6+ years of relevant experience in marketing or marketing communications; of which at least 2 years in digital marketing
· Bachelor's degree required
· Facility with Excel (pivot tables) required, and with SQL (basic queries) desired
· A strong understanding of the mobile ecosystem with experience working directly with apps and games
· Passion for mobile gaming and involvement in gaming communities
· Proven track-record of delivering online (and ideally mobile) traffic growth from multiple sources including mobile marketing, free and paid search, email marketing, affiliate marketing, social networking, and banner advertisements
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making and comfort with financial and operational analysis. Comfortable rolling up sleeves to perform quantitative analysis.
· Proven ability synthesizing full funnel analytics, testing (such as A/B and multivariate) and customer insights into successful marketing strategies.
· Self-motivated, nimble and highly results-driven in fast-paced environment.
· Excellent attention to detail, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
· Strong sense of brand and editorial voice; the ability to harmonize message across multiple channels and marketing vehicles.
· MBA preferred