This is an opportunity to join a financial services organisation that is focused on hiring and developing talented staff. Changes in regulation and demands have created greater expectations for the Internal Audit function and as such, this organisation is looking to grow their Internal Audit team.
This role will help the organisation achieve its strategic and operating objectives by providing high quality advice and recommendations on the improvement of management processes, systems and controls.
- Develop strong relationships with Senior Management and openly communicate risks and assist in the analysis of risk management
- Develop, maintain and implement the annual Internal Audit Plan on behalf of the Head of Internal Audit, focusing on the key strategic projects and initiatives for the organisation
- Coach staff in order to grow their professional knowledge, skill and competency
- Constructively challenge, initiate and lead change to improve the quality and added value of Internal Audit
- Demonstrated ability/experience in Internal Audit at a senior or audit management level, with a sound understanding of audit, internal control and risk management principles
- Specialist knowledge in at least one audit area such as (credit) risk management, compliance, IT/Operations
- Experience in the banking and finance sector
- Strong relationship management experience
- Qualified membership of a professional body such as IIA, NZICA, FINSIA, INFINZ or Association of Corporate Treasurers
This is an opportunity to join a growing and high performing organisation that values innovative thinkers and rewards high achievers.